Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This Means War!

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=fullshow_boyles&selected_podcast=08172011PETE6A.mp3

Above is the link to Talk Radio 630's Peter Boyle's interview with Debe Bell regarding the recent raid of her rabbitry. There are 3 parts, and I believe discussion and calls continue into the next show. Anyway, it's very educational, and it points up the fact that the animal industry is in danger of being outlawed, and if we don't do something, we are all at risk.

What we need to do, collectively as rabbit breeders and enthusiasts, is to educate the public regarding PROPER rabbit care, and to educate our local law enforcement as to Constitutional Law. Yes, it is a challenge, but the alternative is to give up our hobby/livelihood.

This goes beyond breed loyalties. We ALL need to band together and declare war on all those Animal Rights idiots who seem to loathe Humanity's very existence, and make it clear that Humans have the right to breed and harvest animals to feed and clothe our families. There is nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical about it, and those who try to make it illegal are in direct violation of the Constitution of the United States of America, which guarantees an individual's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not to mention protection from illegal search and seizure.

I have taken my website down. I'll still keep my blog, but from this point forward I will not, under any circumstances, ever sell any rabbit to anyone I don't know personally. No one I don't know personally will ever visit my barn, which has been moved to a secure location away from my home. So don't even ask.

It's a dirty, rotten shame that I have to go to such lengths to protect my animals from people who claim to love animals. But look what happened to Debe's babies. Sickening. Disgusting. Wrong. Then there's the fact that 12 of the animals seized, spayed/neutered, and being sold, actually belonged to 4-H kids. Then photos were posted, narrowly cut to show 3 cages in their worst possible light. No information on if those cages was occupied by, say, litters of 8, no mention that litters like to poop and pee in their food and water dishes. Those of us who breed rabbits know this, the public doesn't, and that's what these folks are counting on. Lack of knowledge and experience. No mention that some of the rabbits shown were recent rescues, dropped off on Debe's doorstep. No mention that a white angora can look like that after one night in a transport cage (or in a dog crate sitting in its own urine and feces, like these rabbits were kept in after their seizure). No way to know when or where these photos were actually taken. No redness, no matting shown that prevented urination and/or defecation like the authorities claim.

We're being sold a package of goods, and those of us who lack knowledge, experience, and/or skepticism are falling for it.

2 comments:

beachbirdie said...

I have taken my website down. I'll still keep my blog, but from this point forward I will not, under any circumstances, ever sell any rabbit to anyone I don't know personally

This makes me very sad to hear, it is a sentiment I've heard now from a number of rabbit breeders. I understand completely and can't say I wouldn't do the same.

Unfortunately, it means "they" have already won without firing a shot or passing a law. They have effectively accomplished what they wanted.

I found your blog while doing a search for "Debe Bell legal defense". I don't have rabbits, but my daughter's in-laws are long-time rabbit people, and run the bunny section of our county fair. They are "go-to" people in this area. What happened to Debe could easily have happened to them, or to anyone, and it makes me sick.

Best to you.

Jan said...

Well, yes and no. I'm still going to breed, and spinners will be able to find me at fiber events and rabbit shows. They'll just have to put a little more effort into it. But I do appreciate your sentiments. it's a shame when our own citizens are turning terroristic. Surely in these troubled times there are better things they could do than going after people just because they have a different opinion on whether rabbits are livestock or pets.