Monday, April 18, 2011

Jan and Charlotte do Nationals


My good friend Charlotte and I went to the lovely town of Amana, Iowa for the NARBC National Specialty Show. Charlotte had an incredible weekend, her Pointed White French Angora Senior Doe swept the BIS's, taking BIS in both Open shows as well as the Nationals. In the picture above, she has won Best 4 Class in show A.
My Chocolate Satin Angora Senior Buck, Somerhill Banja Luka also had a good weekend, taking BOS in the two open shows.

I showed off a junior Black Giant Angora Doe, and she got great comments from everyone.

The town of Amana was simply lovely, and the local folk could not have been friendlier. Everywhere we went, young men held doors open for us, sales people and waitresses were helpful and friendly, the local shops were to die for, the folks with CRRBA could not have been nicer, all in all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I hope we have Nationals there again. But with better weather. The weather was the one thing that was crappy. But, what can ya do?

Needless to say, I spent way too much money. ;) I had a lot of company in that. We also had a great time getting together, our NARBC Secretary, Margaret Bartold, hosted a nice get-together in her hotel room, and we all got to sit around and enjoy each other's company.

The ARBA Convention will be held in Indianapolis this year, I hope to see many of you who couldn't make it to Nationals.





5 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Sounds like a good time. Congrats on your win. He's a beautiful rabbit and so is the one Charlotte showed.

Jan said...

Thank you, Annette!

phylliso said...

Looking at your blog,I understand you are coming to Pa.sometime?I spin & am thinking of buying a German Angora.They seem hard to find.Your animals are beautiful!phyllis

Jan said...

I actually live in western PA. I don't breed any purebred Germans anymore, but I do breed hybrids. Email me privately at jansgiants - at - hotmail - dot - com. :)

phylliso said...

Thank-you,I will.It may not be tonight as it looks like we are going to get a thunderstorm,phyllis