Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jan and Charlotte go to Convention

Nope, sorry, no good pics. I was too busy, and when I did have time, my feet hurt too darned much. We must have walked at least 10 miles each day, if not more. One thing I will not do again is stay at the Hyatt - any Hyatt. I'm still waiting for the dust to settle and see what they actually charge me. I won't get into details, but we were not impressed. I think from now on we'll likely stay at a Days Inn or Best Western and drive in every day. You get a lot more for your money that way.

Luke did well, he placed 3rd in a class of 9 colored senior bucks. Had Convention been a month earlier, he might have won, but he coat was slipping too much. I'm in the process of plucking him down. I plan on plying his wool with a single of tussah silk. :)

I learned a lot from the new variety presentations. One thing I learned was to keep a camera handy and document everything. In fact, I think ARBA should have a few camcorders on hand to videotape the rabbits being handled and any faults or DQ's that are found. I think this would be very helpful to everyone in understanding what the Standards Committee is looking at and how they arrive at their decisions.

That's all for now. :)

No comments: