Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jan and Charlotte do Rhinebeck

My good friend Charlotte, who has some of the best French Angoras in the country, accompanied me to Rhinebeck this year. We went to pick up a doe from another good friend, Amy Spang. The chocolate doe is a daughter of JG's Milo, a black Giant buck, and one of Amy's excellent does. Amy is working on developing her own Giant line, and this doe will contribute to my Otter Giant line. I named her Nellie, because she is a "nervous Nellie", although now that she is snug in her own cage she has calmed down considerably and is even approaching "friendly".

I came home with some marvelous, "AMERICAN-MADE" !!!! square knitting needles made by my friend Terry Kunst of Twin Ponds Farm. These needles are made from recycled wood and will be knitting a luscious 2-ply yarn of natural colored BFL and chocolate angora, resulting in a baby blanket for my first-born grandbaby, due on Valentine's Day. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Can you tell I'm happy?

8 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

You aren't the least bit excited about the impending arrival are you?

Jan said...

Nah, not one bit! :P

livingwaterfarm said...

Wow Janet, you're going to be a grandma??? You don't look old enough for that!! Do you know what it is yet??

Jan said...

Oh, I'm plenty old enough - but thanks! Looks like a boy. :)

Dru Shepherd said...

Congrats! You are going to love being a Grandma! You are 29 like me right? Enjoy every minute of it.-Dru

Jan said...

Exactly, Dru! Thank you! :)

Denise said...

I'm envious you got to go to Rhinebeck! I would love to go sometime.

Jan said...

Well, maybe we can work something out someday, Denise!