Saturday, August 21, 2010

New discovery

A good friend of mine has a set-up at the local farmer's market. While perusing her wares, I asked about the felted alpaca yarn balls she had. She told me a friend of hers had tested them, and they are a substitute for fabric softener. You just throw them in the dryer with your clothes, and they take out the static. Now, I am acquainted with the friend who field-tested them, and I know she wouldn't say such a thing if it weren't true, so I bought one. That was about six weeks ago, and I've since bought another. They do indeed work. In fact, they do a better job than fabric softener. Not only do they take the static out, they also pull the hairs off your clothing, so black clothes are black, not black with assorted colored hairs sticking to them. It seems to work equally well for pulling dog, cat, and rabbit fiber from the clothes.

I don't know if the felted balls have to be alpaca. I just know they work. really, really well. I'll never buy fabric softener again.

3 comments:

Texas Angora Blog said...

Hello Jan,
I am intrigued about the alpaca felted balls as fabric softeners. i have never heard of that. Do you have pictures of them to view?

Lilac Haven said...

Sounds like a cool idea. I'm allergic to most fragrance so I don't use fs

Jan said...

No pics, but they're just baseball-sized balls of yarn that have been felted.