Saturday, February 13, 2010

Square knitting needles

Today I went to the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival. I went with the intention of catching up with a friend who was a vendor there, and with buying a longer set of dpns (double-pointed needles). I had a set with a sock-in-progress on them, but they were too short and I kept dropping stitches - annoying, to say the least. Especially as I turned the heel. Anyway, at the festival everywhere went it seemed I saw Kolláge square needles. One booth had a knitting sample out so you could try them, and I liked how they felt, so I got a set in the size I'm using for the socks. I finally sat down tonight and tried them, and I'm not sure why, but they are indeed easier to knit with. The package says they are perfect for slippery yarns or if you knit tightly. Check both of those for me. So, they get my stamp of approval. If only they weren't made in China. :(

4 comments:

Laura said...

glad you came out, your rabbits are beautiful!

Jan said...

Thank you! :)

sher said...

It was great talking to you at the show. We should get together more often than once or twice a year!

Jan said...

Thanks, Sher! yes, we should get together more often - I'd like to get another shearing party together.