Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bunnies come, and bunnies go

It's hard losing a litter. :(

JG's Sunrise was bred to JG's Crosby, and delivered 7 babies today while I was at work. Sunrise is my most experienced doe, and I have never had a problem with her. Until now. She failed to pull enough wool, and her babies froze. I had one I almost revived, he was moving, but he just didn't have enough in him. A couple of the babies had been fed, that much was obvious. :(

Of the 7 babies, all were Tan (which tells me Crosby must be homozygous for Tan, because Sunrise is not). 1 black, 2 blue, 1 chocolate and 3 lilac. I FINALLY get lilac tans, and this happens. I could just cry.

So, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I'll give her a few days and breed her back to Crosby. I want those lilac tans! I'll also move her inside.

No comments: