Monday, November 10, 2008

Oscar update

It has been touch-and-go, but Oscar is eating, and I switched him back to a water bottle rather than a bowl, and he is doing fine. He's still skinny, and not eating as much as I'd like, but he is eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing. :)

If all goes well, I'll try breeding hm again soon. :)

Louis had gone off-feed after I sheared him at Convention, he's back to eating like a horse. I tried breeding him to Joy, but she'd have nothing of it. She loves Oscar, so we'll try him when he gets more of his strength back. Louis has a couple of half-sisters who will be ready in early Spring, so he'll have his chance. Although I really do want a litter from him with Joy someday...

Meanwhile, my favorite feed store is closing, so good-bye Blue Seal. :( I'll have to switch to Purina, as there is a dealer right here in town, and he's ordering Fibre3 for me. The bunns ate it well at Convention, so the switch shouldn't be too hard.

No comments: