Sunday, September 07, 2008

Pumpkin update

So I tried to get a picture of me and the pumpkin. Those of you who have been in my backyard can appreciate what a challenge that is - I have the patch surrounded by trellised tomatoes and pole beans. So, Bob did his best and got a shot of us through the fence:




The estimated weight is about 450 pounds so far. :)

I spent the weekend at the Endless Mountains Fiber Festival, where I got to see quite a few friends. Endless Mountains is a small event, which is nice and easy on the feet. If you haven't been there, you need to make a point of going, none of the hassles of the huge events, but enough vendors to get what you want and actually be able to SPEND TIME TALKING WITH THEM.

I give it two thumbs up!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hey Janet, that is a very impressive pumpkin! I've heard that one can grow them in communal dung piles and the llamas won't eat the pumpkins. It would be an interesting experiment. Congratulations that is like giving birth to a very large baby :-)

denise

Jan said...

Hi Denise,

Thank you!

Anyone who would like seeds to try growing them in a dung heap - or anywhere for that matter - just email me:

jansgiants@hotmail.com

:)