Sunday, August 24, 2008

New kid on the block!


The pumpkin is now around 375 pounds. :)

I went to an IAGARB shearing party near Columbus, OH yesterday to pick up this beautiful guy:



Meet Storm Warning Farm's El Nino II. He is a purebred German Angora buck who *might* carry chocolate! His sire, Samson's Danny Boy, produced chocolates. Now, what is even more interesting is, Samson's Donna is Danny Boy's littermate. Can you see the wheels turning in my mind, lol? I'd love to produce a purebred chocolate German Angora!!!

Also, Oscar, Danny Boy, and Donna all share the same sire. Now, suppose the chocolate gene came from him? I have totally changed my mind about a few things regarding my breeding program! I'm going to pursue chocolate with a vengence. :)

I also learned how to properly adjust the blades on my German Red Clippers. I'm going to test them out very soon. I also got to finally meet Nancy Ferron and Joyce Scallorn (Nino's breeder) as well as getting to talk with Susan Wiley again and I also met a nice lady who had traveled 10 1/2 hours just to get there. Her name escapes me at the moment, but I hope to run into her again sometime. All in all, a very worthwhile trip!

No comments: