Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Breeding rabbits

That's how I spent my morning. Or should I say, I tried to breed rabbits. I believe I succeeded with Lear and Mattie (GH Matilda). She was not at all cooperative, after Lear chased her for about a half hour, I tried holding her but she wouldn't have any of it. So, I took her out and had a very frank discussion with her regarding her future if she didn't get bred. I put her back in, and lifted her butt, and PRESTO! Lear connected successfully, and as I had promised her, I put her in her own cage and left her alone. :)

Santonio and Yeungling were another matter. She was willing, so was he, but he didn't seem to understand exactly what it was he was supposed to do. Let's just say he got 9/10 of the way there, but didn't seem to know how it was supposed to finish. After about an hour of this she started getting frustrated with him, so I put her back in her cage. Hopefully he either connected while I wasn't looking, or he just doesn't react as spectacularly as other bucks.

Then came Guess and Sunrise. She was begging for it, he was pretty blase. She even demonstrated for him exactly what she wanted, he made one half-hearted attempt, but didn't connect. Not even close. So I finally tried her with her son, Santonio. He didn't impress me this time, either. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping something happens. I stink at palpating, so we'll see in a month.

Somebunny needs to invent a Clear Blue Easy for bunnies.

No comments: