Monday, December 31, 2007

Hoppy New Year!

JG's Verizon gave birth yesterday to four babies, one REW and three colored, one colored one didn't make it. None of these will be for sale. All three colored ones looked black, But one is darker than the other two. The one that didn't make it was a lighter one. I'm anxious to see how these babies turn out. They are 1/4 French Lop, 1/4 Giant, and 1/2 German. JG's King Lear is the proud dad. Ideally, I'd like to keep a buck and a doe from this litter. Hopefully I'll actually get a doe, my track record this year hasn't been too good. I never had more than 2 does in a litter this year, which flooded me with bucks. Now that I've finally moved those fellows out, thanks to another (wonderful!) breeder who didn't have a very productive year, I can start breeding again. I'm going to take it slow, however, and not worry about quantity or having rabbits to sell. If I happen to have rabbits when someone is looking, fine. If not, that's fine, too. My next two litters will be Tans. My friend Cheryl is breeding the Germans, and this current litter of mine will be it for the Giants for awhile, so I can properly evaluate them.

I'm excited about the upcoming Tan litters, I FINALLY have Tan bucks to breed with the Tan does! YIPPEE!!!

I'm also going to take it very easy on showing this year. If and when I have a bunn or two ready, and a show with other Giants is not too awful far away, I'll go. If not, I won't. I'm not going to have the gas and hotel money this coming year like I did last year. I am not going to the PA Convention this year, and I won't be sending rabbits either. We'll see what happens with Nationals.

Wishing you all a safe, happy, healthy, productive, and successful New Year!

No comments: