Monday, October 08, 2007

Family matters

As you all know, Bob and I had hoped to move up to Camp this Fall. Unfortunately, due to some family interference, it doesn't look as though that is going to happen, at least not yet. However, there is a "Plan B" and even a "Plan C". I have a generous severance check coming from my former employer, with which I can buy land. Once you own land, mortgages are pretty easy to get. Then of course, there are other family members who are friendly to the idea of having a family compound out in the country...

So things are still very much up in the air, but one way or another, we are going to have our little fiber farm.

Things are also up in the air regarding my Convention entries. I originally entered 5 animals, I doubt I will wind up showing that many, but one never knows...

We are experiencing uncharacteristically hot and humid weather in this part of the country. I don't want to blow coats out, but I need to. Hopefully, things will cool off before I have to leave! I have my hotel reservation, all I need now is a little cool weather to get coats primed, and then I'm off... maybe things will be cooler in Michigan?

After Convention, I'm off to Rhinebeck. I am picking up and delivering animals, plus I want to buy a nice fleece. With all this free time on my hands, I plan on dyeing and blending fiber, and working on Christmas presents. And somewhere in all this I'm going to find time for hunting...

No comments: