Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More babies!

Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is we lost more of Louisa's babies. One day they'd be fine, the next, dead. No diarrhea or other symptoms that I could see, just dead babies. We're now down to one, she looks like a doe. I think I'm going to pull the plug on that bloodline. I hate to, there are some awesome bloodlines in that baby, including my beloved Billy, but I just have lousy luck with them. Hopefully, since this baby is spoken for by some dear friends, they'll have better luck with her.

The good news is that Rosalin and Stinker are the happy parents of a litter of 5! She did very well for a first-time mom, made the nest in the box, had all but one of the babies there (that one would be #6, who didn't make it), and is feeding them.

Assuming all goes well with this litter, I now have the potential for some really nice breeding pairs with Antje and Oscar's litter.

Meanwhile, the wait for cooler weather goes on. Every time I think I'm going to be able to stick the does and litters outside, we get weather in the high 80s. Hopefully this weekend will be the time to make the move.

This weekend is supposed to be relatively cool, so plans are to move some rabbits around, power wash cages, and get in some serious grooming in preparation for Convention.

No comments: