Sunday, June 10, 2007

King Lear

Don't you just love that face? Little Lear, who is not really so little anymore, took a couple of steps toward growing up today. He got his first haircut, and he got his own cage. He is molting out his baby coat, and his rump was starting to mat in a major way, so it was time to take it off, and what with the summer heat, it was time anyway. Lear was very cooperative for not even being 3 months old yet, and those ears were a dream to clip around, they stayed put when I moved them around, intead of springing back into position as erect ears do. I'm beginning to think that Giant Fuzzy Lops might be worth pursuing!


He was born March 23rd, and weighs 5 1/2 pounds already! He already displays the nice overall depth that I was hoping he would, as well as straight legs, smoothness, and balance.


"Ok, I know I look silly, do you have to take pictures, too?"


We'll see if he passes those shoulders on! :)

I'm going to have to thin out the bucks in the herd. Snowman is hopefully going to New York, if we can work out transportation. Nacht is spending the summer with my friend Cheryl, I will likely see if I can move him on eventually, but first I want to pair him with Verizon when she comes of age. Oscar and Stinker will likely stay with me for life.

Louisa has been acting very loving lately, she has always been such a snot, she must be pregnant. If so, she should deliver Saturday. Sunrise is also due, if she took. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

No comments: