Sunday, June 03, 2007

Isn't he lovely?

Today I took a road trip and got some more rabbits. Yeah, I know, just what I need - more rabbits. But these aren't just any rabbits, these are German Angoras from Leslie Samson. It seems a nice lady, whose late husband got them for her, decided she just wasn't up to dealing with them, and wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate them. I took all three, a buck and two does. I really wanted the buck, and I haven't decided yet whether I'll hang onto the does, but if I do, I need to breed them - especially Rosalin. This doe needs bred in a MAJOR way, but I hesitate to breed her right now, since I haven't yet moved and built my bunny barn...

Oh, I didn't mention that yet? Yep, Fate has intervened in my life and given me an opportunity to do what Bob and I have been yearning to do - move up to Camp, 68 acres of Heaven on earth. More on that later. Meanwhile, here is a picture of Samson's Oscar, in short coat, but SO reminiscent of my beloved Billy. He looks like him, acts like him, and I am soooo in love with him... and he's from the 2006 imports!

No comments: