Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nationals!

My friend Mary Jo from CT and I traveled to Nationals in Janesville, WI last weekend. I did not take any rabbits to show, and I'll blame it on Blond Syndrome. I missed the deadline, and didn't realize you can do late entries. My bad, I won't make that mistake again. I did take a couple of young bucks to deliver.

Jack and Karin Bailey won BOB Giant Angora with their sr buck, the Osborns took BOS with (I think) a junior doe. Deb Butorac took BOB English Angora, Cindy Stelloh took BOB French (And BIS!), and BOB Satin was won by a beautiful Copper doe owned by Denise Wyrick, I think BOS was won by a red junior buck owned by the Osborns. Incidentally, I delivered some bunns for some friends, in particular I delivered a gorgeous Copper Satin buck to Denise, who I understand promptly bred him to her beautiful doe. :)

Mary Jo bought some rabbits there as well, we had quite a load coming home, lol! She also bought a nice little Giant buck from me.

Besides admiring some gorgeous rabbits, I met new friends and got to spend some time with some old friends. All in all, it was a wonderful trip, if a very, very long one. Tip: go around Chicago, not through it.

I plan on showing Nacht and Antje at the 2-day Canton, OH show this weekend. Then that's it for me for the season, everyone who hasn't already been clipped down will be, a couple does will be bred and brought inside for the summer, and we'll sit back, relax, and watch the wool grow.

No comments: