Thursday, September 28, 2006

A message from the new NARBC President

(Cross posted from the giantangoras list)

Greetings,

I would like to take a moment and introduce myself to all of you. My name is Judy Riddle and up until this morning was a District Director for the NARBC.
2 weeks ago, Amy Spang (then NARBC President) appointed me as NARBC Vice President. The BOD approved this assignment and it became 'official'.
With Amy's resignation, I have moved into her position of President.

Amy and I worked/spoke together right from the beginning of her Presidency. I did not always agree with her (and yes, she knew that!) or her ideas, but we were adult enough to discuss things in a rational way. When she had questions, she knew I was there to help and support her in any way I could. When I offered help, she was quite gracious in listening to my thoughts.

I have been involved with this club for the last 15 plus years. Believe me, I know what can and does go on in it. I am not saying I agree with a lot of it... and I am not saying Amy was wrong in the changes she tried to get thru. What I am saying is this. If you do not like the way things are being done... CHANGE THEM! Start at the bottom and work your way up. Run for an Office... Volunteer for a committee.... The only way the BOD is going to change is if NEW FACES show up and become involved!

I welcome your comments...ideas... thoughts.... anything any of you have to offer. The one thing I will not tolerate is slamming the former President or her Committee people. Let's put this in the past and move forward promoting our beautiful animals.

God Bless all of you,

Judy Riddle
President, NARBC

Please feel free to cross post this anywhere you like... JR

No comments: