Thursday, July 06, 2006

Babies :)

Carmie finally gave birth last night to 6 babies - 3 reds, and 3 copper or tans. 6 is a nice number, all will be well fed, but it is the smallest number that I am happy with. I like to see 6 - 10 babies, as I expect to lose 1 or 2. But for Carmie, who is a nervous mom, smaller is better. I don't feel like I have to check that they are all fed like I do with bigger litters. And she is much happier when I don't check on them. She doesn't really relax until they are weaned, like some people I know! :)

In the future, I think she'd be much happier with a dropped nestbox like Bass sells. I have 2 of them, not installed yet. I mean to put them in my newest outdoor cages, but the floor wire is so thick on them that I can't cut it, I'm waiting for DH to " get around to it". :(

Meanwhile, Sunset's litter is a delight. Every single bunny in the litter is bright and friendly. Friendliest of all is one little Tan angora, I'd swear this one is a buck by its behavior, but it looks like a doe upon closer inspection. But, I have been wrong before! I hope I am again!

No comments: