Monday, June 05, 2006

Nationals again!

OK, so the official results are out, so I can talk now without stealing anyone's thunder. First, I had a wonderful time at Nationals! I got to meet new people, get re-aquainted with people I'd met before but never got to spend much time with, and I also got to spend time with friends. My 2 entries did well, Jewel took a 3rd in the Nat'l show and a 3rd in the NYSAC show, while my little buck took 3rd in the Nat'l show and 2nd in the NYSAC show. Considering I was showing against the Baileys, the Osborns, and Linda Kolassa, I'm very happy with that!

The judging was very good, IMO. Mark Stewardson took a lot of time (maybe a bit too much) and care with each animal. He spent equal time and effort examining bodies and wool. His comments were well thought out and appropriate.

The banquet was excellent! I forget what all was offered, some sort of parmesan, sausage and peppers, meatballs, antipasto salad, ziti I think, all really yummy!

Here are some pics from Nationals:


Youth - Ryan Nichols-Mayer won BIS with his French White Senior Doe, and Dustin Gonzales won Best reserve with his English White Senior buck.


English - Linda Cassella won BOB and BIS with her Colored Junior Doe, Dru Shepherd won BOS with her White Junior buck. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of Dru and her buck.


French - Sue Needle took BOB and Reserve BIS with her Colored Senior Doe, Tom & Charlotte Schweikart took BOS with their White Senior Buck.

Giants - Jack & Karin Bailey took BOB with their Junior Buck, and Linda Kolassa took BOS with her Senior Doe.

Satin - Joan Hastings took BOB with her Colored Junior Doe, and Marilyn DeMarree took BOS with her White Junior Buck.

And this is Brenda with her Broken English Senior Doe. Isn't she lovely?

That's all for now !

No comments: