Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm in the running!

Here is my announcement to run as a write-in for District 9 NARBC Director:

"I just finished adding 3 more years to my NARBC membership via Pay*Pal.

I am running as a write-in candidate for the NARBC District 9 Director
position. As many of you know, I am editor of the newsletter, so you
know I'll get my report in on time. ;)

I ask you to vote for me because we need people on the board whose
only agenda is the smooth running of the Club. I pledge not to create
controversy for the sake of controversy, but I won't back away from it
if I think others are unjustified in their allegations. I pledge to
adhere to the Constitution and By-Laws of the NARBC as I understand
them, and to accept the *constructive* criticism of others who might
interpret them differently. When there is conflict within the Club, I
pledge to *do*something* about*it*, not just complain. I will work in
the present, not dwell in the past, but learn from it, and try to
prevent incidents in the future.

That's my campaign right there in a nutshell. I welcome discussion of
it."

I posted the same to the NARBC Yahoo group, the first sentence was edited out without explanation. Do you see anything wrong with it? It is, after all, a matter of contention with the previous election. Other people's references to extending their memberships were not edited out.

Makes ya wonder!

I'll have pics tomorrow of our new cages. I sent my best young buck on his way to his new youth owner, I'm sure they'll be happy together.

2 comments:

Angora Girl said...

Why indeed???? Seriously what's the point of editing that out... unless it is just a pathetic last-ditch power grab...

They are after all.....benign dictators :) lol.....

Jan said...

I dunno. I had another post that didn't make it to the forum, and Margaret wants to shut down the discussion. I can't blame her, although I really would like to discuss further what wording we should add to the C&BLs to prevent this from happening in the future. I guess we'll have to do it in NARBCfriends.