Friday, December 23, 2005

So far, so good...



I've worked out a routine with this litter. Every evening I feed the bunns, let them munch a bit undisturbed, then I take Mopsie out of her cage and inspect the babies. I lay them out on a clean towel with a bit of fuzz and check to see that no wool is wrapped around any parts and that their little bellies are full. I return the fat ones to the nest and if any are looking a little skinny (usually 2 of them do) I take them and Mom upstairs for a little quality nursing time on my lap. Then I return them to their proper places and bid them goodnight. First thing in the morning, I reach in the nest and check them out by feel, if all feels well I get on with feeding and leave everyone alone. Mopsie seems comfortable with this routine.

She pulls more wool for them every day. The room they are in is not directly heated, but in the winter stays around 40 degrees, even in the most bitter weather. I am just amazed at how well all 10 are doing! I do notice that Mopsie spends a lot less time lying next to Snowman (in the next cage) than she used to. I wonder if somehow she realises he's responsible!? LOL!

2 comments:

claudia at countrywool said...

Congrats, Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan said...

Thanks, Claudia! Merry Christmas!