Saturday, July 09, 2005

Special Project

This

Dingo

plus this

Chocolate Shetland Wool

plus this

Vinnie

will someday equal this (or something close to it.)

Sweater

Dingo has been with me through thick & thin for 11 years now. He is really my son's dog, but he sheds too much and DS doesn't want to have to clean up after him constantly. So I am brushing him regularly and stuffing the wool into a bag, to be blended with the shetland wool pictured above and angora from Vinnie. I will probably also dye Dumpling's next shearing a nice mahogany color (which I found an excellent source for at Claudia's) and add that to the mix, as I want a fuzzy sweater from a fuzzy dog. DS thinks the idea is pretty funny, but he will have a piece of Dingo (that doesn't shed!!!) for the rest of his life when I am finished. I might do one for my daughter and myself as well, depending on how much time I have this winter and how much fuzz Dingo can contribute.

2 comments:

claudia at countrywool said...

Can you hear me clapping? Good luck and I look forward to watching the sweater's progress :)

Jan said...

So that's what I heard... ;)