Friday, April 29, 2005

...and then there were 5...

We lost a wee one today. He must have clung to his mother too tightly and been dragged out of the nestbox, because his little belly was absolutely full. Banjo, our Springer, discovered him when I went to feed the bunns. I thought I saw the little tail move, so I tried in vain to warm him up and resussitate him, to no avail.

Such is the world of bunnies. I have better nursery cages outside, I thought keeping Mom and babies inside would help prevent this, but baby bunnies are very delicate, and it doesn't take much to kill them, unfortunately.

4 comments:

Dagny said...

Sorry to hear about the baby! Losing them happens, but it doesn't make it any less painful. Glad to see you have a blog though, got you linked and will be checking back!
Dagny in Maine

Jan said...

Hi dagny! Thanks for stopping by!

Hey folks, you MUST check out dagny's blog! You'll love the story!

Rabbit For Sale said...

Jan, I really was not finding a lot of good rabbit related sites. I started searching on the search engines for rabbit related websites using the keyword rabbitry and found your awesome page with the title ...and then there were 5.... I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword rabbitry. Could we do a link exchange at some point? Anyway, thanks and I’m glad I found you on the web.

FluffyBunnies said...

Congratulations, Jan. Are these German babies? If so, let's talk trade! Donna,
D'Lynn, http://angora-rabbits.blogspot.com/
or http://www.germanangora.net